Security for Network

djgoku djgoku at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 17:51:14 CDT 2004

Today at work we are having problems with "Viruses/spyware/stuff" and
I am wondering what I could setup in linux to say passive/active
scanning a network for viruses/spyware/stuff. And stuff that looks for
viruses/spyware/stuff trying to connect to ports it shouldn't be. A
packet sniffer would probably be one thing, my I don't know enough
about tcp/ip/udp/stuff to work it and understand what it is showing
me. I guess I might have to start reading up on packet sniffing. So
tools I think might be good ethereal, snort, nmap.

Thanks,

JtotheO

--
dj_goku