Help configuring procmail (was: Help configuring fetchmail)

Jeremy Turner jeremy at linuxwebguy.com
Fri Oct 15 14:00:20 CDT 2004

On Fri, October 15, 2004 12:01 pm, Brian Densmore said:
> Actually it's just the "\/[^@]+"

email address.  The "\" escapes the "/" in this case, and "[^@]+" would
mean match 1 or more characters that are not "@". I'm not entirely sure
why you need the "\/" in there.  Any hard core procmailrc guys wanna chime
in?

> and the "/[\/]/_/g'`" that confuse me.

If you get a "\" or a "/" in the name of the mailing list, then turn it
into an underscore "_".  I don't think they are valid in filenames.  Now
that I think about it, I don't know why they would be in an email address
either.  Better paranoid than broken, right?

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Turner <jeremy at linuxwebguy.com>
Linux Tips and News! ---> http://linuxwebguy.com