Shared teleconferencing in Linux

Brian Kelsay Brian.Kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Thu Oct 14 08:36:12 CDT 2004

>From GnomeMeeting.org FAQ:
2.7. Does it support the T.120 protocol?
No, T.120 support is not implemented in GnomeMeeting yet. We prefer to focus on videoconferencing features and protocols than to add support for T.120. Moreover, most T.120 features like desktop sharing, or file transfers can be easily achieved using other dedicated tools.

That sounds like the whiteboard feature.  If you want to remote control the other person's desktop, use rdesktop or vnc.  With one of those you could open an editor and type stuff for them to see.  GnomeMeeting does support text chat.

Brian Kelsay

--- Brian Kelsay <Brian.Kelsay at kcc.usda.gov> wrote:

> Gnomemeeting is one option.  It is supposed to
> connect to Net Meeting.  I don't know if you get
> the shared whiteboard.
>
> Brian Kelsay

Well, if it connects to NetMeeting, then chances are
there's some sort of shared chalkboard-like structure.