Help configuring fetchmail

Jeremy Turner jeremy at linuxwebguy.com
Wed Oct 13 13:11:42 CDT 2004

On Wed, October 13, 2004 12:52 pm, linux at bizniche.com said:

>> What are you filtering/sorting your mail with now?  You may need to
>> filter on
>> the "to" address, or go a little deeper into the headers to select the
>> pop
>> info.  What fetchmail does is hand mail off to the local delivery agent
>> (LDA), which usually handles filtering and sorting.
>
> Right now I'm not filtering at all.  All the mail just goes into my main
> inbox.  So...am I currently using an LDA?  Maybe that's what
> Courier-IMAP does?

Courier-IMAP provides the IMAP support for Mozilla Thunderbird and in my
case the backend for a webmail client like squirrelmail.

Filtering for your local user accounts can come from exim/postfix/sendmail
or through procmail.  In my setup, mail is received through exim, then
handed off to procmail, which sorts and delivers my mail to ~/Maildir
where my mail lives peacefully.

The IMAP server accesses the mail from that location and allows me to
read, delete, etc it.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Turner <jeremy at linuxwebguy.com>