BitTorrent + INDUCE Act + Linspire 5.0

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Mon Oct 11 11:25:07 CDT 2004

On Monday 11 October 2004 11:05 am, Brian Densmore wrote:

> ... each tape would still only be accessible by one user at a time.

Nonsense.  Anything streamed off the tape can be buffered and re-distributed
to multiple destinations.

I think you may be confusing quantity from character here.  A copy is a copy.

I know a man who makes a living pirating video at sub-VHS quality.  Some of
his stuff is as crude as placing a home videocamera in front of an old TV,
yet it sells.

What he engages in is piracy, and is criminal.  I don't argue that.

I do argue that downloading Knoppix via bittorrent is not criminal.