BitTorrent + INDUCE Act + Linspire 5.0

Jeremy Turner jeremy at linuxwebguy.com
Fri Oct 8 14:17:23 CDT 2004

Speaking of BitTorrent, I don't know if you read Michael's Minutes:

http://www.linspire.com/lindows_michaelsminutes.php

[Michael Robertson, the [in]famous CEO of MP3.com and current CEO of
Linspire]

This week's Michael's Minutes talked about how Linspire 5.0 might be
illegal because it incorporates BitTorrent/P2P.  The INDUCE Act is trying
to make all P2P software illegal, but it could have a lot broader effect
than just a bunch of copyrighted music.

No matter what you think of Linspire or whatever, I think it's cool that
they are giving new technology a shot.  Not to mention that their CEO
writes (sometimes he just edits) a column addressing the crowd.  I find
it... Linspiring?

*ducks and runs*

Jeremy

--