apache questions to follow

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Fri Oct 1 16:00:48 CDT 2004

make sure there is a line that looks something like this:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/cgiirc/

This tells apache where to find script directories.
(I think that is the correct syntax)

Also you'll need a section like this:

<Directory /usr/lib/cgi-bin/cgiirc/>
   AllowOverride None
   Options ExecCGI
   Order deny,allow
   Allow from all
</Directory>

Make sure to remember the final / on the directory names.
I've never used more than one directory for scripts, so I don't
know if making the above changes will redirect all cgi requests
to the new .../cgiirc directory or not. But unless you tell
apache there are scripts there and make the directory ExecCGI,
they won't execute. You may need to qualify the path for the scripts
so that the cgi requests go to /cgiirc/irc.cgi, if the ScriptAlias
is like mine and points to /usr/lib/cgi-bin.

Brian Densmore