Multiple desktop clients per kdm server

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue Nov 30 15:08:49 CST 2004

I believe that the tty2 could be written as tty[1-6]
(where [1-6] means to write in any one of tty1 ...)
and still have the same effect. It it the vt7 and vt8
that tells X where to place the XWindow. I think I am
correct in saying that the tty1 is telling X where to
launch it from. It would be Alt-f8 to get to the screen.
Provinding that X is properly configured the vt7 and vt8
could be left out, but it's safer to have them there for
sanity's sake. The msg logs issues could be important. It
might be that only the messages from tty1 are being recorded.
It's interesting stuff and a worthwhile research topic.
I'll try the tty1 and tty2 methods tonight and report back my
findings.

Brian Densmore