Redhat Enterprise Edition and Mono

Monty J. Harder mjharder at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 11:35:55 CST 2004

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 22:03:44 -0600, Dave Hull <dphull at insipid.com> wrote:

> I think you're right on this Frank. I believe you can install RHELAS, but if you
> don't have a paid subscription you're not going to get updates, support and that
> warm fuzzy feeling.

  RH can't prevent you from redistributing the free-licensed
components of RHEL.  A while back, I looked at their page on the
subject, and they seemed to be saying that as long as you strip off
their trademarks and don't =call= it RH, you should be fine.  In this
case, they already have the right to have received the whole
enchilada, trademarked graphics and all, so restoring it shouldn't be
an issue.