Server Distributions

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Fri Nov 19 22:35:23 CST 2004

On Friday 19 November 2004 08:22 pm, Leo Mauler wrote:

> Debian's apt and to some extent even RPM would be a
> little better for the average user given that they're
> probably going to be needing GUI frontends to access
> the package database.

Given that the RPM Database is one of the heaviest loads on most of the RH
systems I've run, I wouldn't want to use a GUI to manage it if there was any
way to avoid it.

I don't install GUI's on servers anyway.  More and more utilitilities are
senselessly compiled to require X, but I either avoid them or install the
bare minimum and never run it.