Any recommendations for gui postgresql/mysql frontends?

docv consulting at vaitl.net
Fri Nov 19 21:43:36 CST 2004

Brian Densmore wrote:

> I'm installing postgres and mysql on my home server and
> want to be able to access the db from other places on the LAN
> and perhaps from the intranet. I was wondering what people
> recommend for managing and accessing the db. I want to be able
> to add/manage users,passwords,tables from inside of a gui frontend.
> Also any notes on setting up for remote access would be appreciated.

You could also try webmin. Not only has access to postgresql and mysql,
but an entire host of just about anything you want to add (web server,
init start up scripts, sshd, ftpd, ....). Also has webmin user controls
as well as system user controls and ACL's.

You can get it at http://www.webmin.com

--
Steve Vaitl, D.C.
Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician
docv at relievemypain.com
(816)524-7000

Adjunct Professor, Biology and Human Anatomy
Kansas City Kansas Community College