SuSE Package Management (was Re: SENDMAIL - HELP - SUSE)

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Thu Nov 18 11:35:09 CST 2004

On Thursday 18 November 2004 11:29 am, Rich Edelman wrote:

> yast2 -i <package>

Doesn't work in any of the 9.x downloadable versions.  It brings up the
pseudo-gui menu.  (Documentation claims otherwise.)

> What is wrong with SuSE as a server? I'm running 9.1 Professional ....

It's entirely possible that the "Professional" distributions have fixed
problems that exist in the downloadable version.  If I want to recommend a
pig-in-a-poke purchase to a client - suggest they buy something that claims
to be fixed without being able to test it before buying - I'll recommend the
real professional version: Microsoft.