Help --- can't get on to CenturyTel ISP

Gary Hildebrand ghldbrd at ccp.com
Fri Nov 12 12:41:00 CST 2004

For everyone who might be following this thread:

I can get into other CenTel servers, Cameron and Easton, but not
Savannah (local phone call!).  What I concluded is that the modems fail
to properly negotiate baud rate & protocol and I'm dead in the water.
CenTel uses standard PAP-CHAP authentication, which I've used
successfuly on all my other ISP services, and two of their servers.

How can I convince their WINDOWS-driven narrow minds to accept my
answer?  Maybe someone might know of whomever maintains their equipment
and I can contact them.

What I would like to do is experiment with other Linux users who could
use my login & password on their systems to see if they might have
problems.  If interested, contact me offlist  ghldbrd AT ccp DOT com

Gary Hildebrand