Proposed Web site redesign (beta)

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Fri Nov 12 12:26:50 CST 2004

Bill Cavalieri wrote:
>>Not fail. Presented as a useless stream of text and fields with no
>>context or headings giving meaning or structure to the document.
>
> And thats different from css how?  If the client can't render it can't
> render.

When using CSS, you (are supposed to) make your content in outline form
(the semantic part we've been talking about) and then arrange the
outline using boxes. That cannot be done (easily) when your content
spans table cells.

> Thats an hour or 2 too long.  Quick table and your done.

... unless you want graceful degredation and then you should have spent
the hour or two.

> You can make pages Bobby compliant with tables, as tables and Bobby were
> around before css layout was even capable widespread.   Just like how
> you can make css not Bobby compliant.

You can't get a AAA rating. Besides, that has nothing to do with my
argument here. We're talking about Plone, specifically, not CSS in general.