Proposed Web site redesign (beta)

Dustin Decker dustin.decker at 1on1security.com
Tue Nov 9 12:26:17 CST 2004

[snip]

> My position is that if it renders well in Mozilla, Firefox, Konqueror
> and IE that is ensuring a wide enough target audience. Sure the Links
> guys will get pissed, but realistically I think we should ensure
> operability with the 99% audience - not degrade the overall visual
> impression for all to appease the 1%

I have to agree with Steven on this to some extent.  I'm not a purist
anyway.  I too have worked with CMS systems, mostly just PostNuke and Mambo.
I know that PostNuke has a module available which produces a "hand held
friendly" representation of the website.

(Compare http://www.1on1security.com/ with
http://www.1on1security.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=AvantGo&file=index
for example.)

Perhaps we can strike a balance between the two... if the 1% is
"intelligent" enough to use Links/Lynx, then they can find the appropriate
module - we can even place the link where such browsers readily locate it,
etc.  Thoughts?  [Grrr.. I really wish hitting "reply" would respond to the
list, rather than the poster - but at least now I am not so thoughtless as
to not consider the blind - made me at least mindful of them as I re-post
this to the list.]

[/me tosses a 5 gallon can of gas on the fire, and giggles from the
sidelines.]
Dustin