Proposed Web site redesign (beta)

Steven Hildreth sphildreth at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 11:52:16 CST 2004

Is w3/wia and w3/HTML compliance a requirement of the replacement
offering? Never was mentioned to me when I offered to create a new
modern, dynamic replacement site.

No CMS stock package I have found (I have tested several for a
previous project including; PhpNuke, PostNuke, Slashcode, eGroupare,
Mambo, and XOOPS) generates either w3/wia or w3/HTML compliant code.

My position is that if it renders well in Mozilla, Firefox, Konqueror
and IE that is ensuring a wide enough target audience. Sure the Links
guys will get pissed, but realistically I think we should ensure
operability with the 99% audience - not degrade the overall visual
impression for all to appease the 1%

Other opinions?

Regards,
Steven (Tallen)