Network cloning of raid array

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue Nov 9 11:49:21 CST 2004

He would then first have to configure the drives for RAID 5
and duplicate all the configuration of the disks. I think
he is wanting to snapshot the system. Although I wasn't
aware that ghost could do that to a RAID system.

Not sure if this would help, but I wrote a program years
ago that would read a disk from the physical beginning to
the physical end and write it to another disk. If you want
I could dig up the source code. It might be assembler and/or C
and was written for a DOS system.

But doesn't dd do just this, read the physical disk? Why would he
need to anything except dd the drives?