Proposed Web site redesign (beta)

Brian Kelsay Brian.Kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Tue Nov 9 11:19:31 CST 2004

Put the info about the IRC channel in somewhere.  I've answered that question tons of times.
If not Mirc, then how about a free client for Windows and a free client for Linux.   On Windows there is Icechat, which is pretty good.  And then there is also Pirch, Dirc and others that I haven't tried.  If you can still get it, X-Chat 2.04 was precompiled and free, but not now.  I don't know if someone out there is compiling the current perversion and providing it for download.  On Linux, there is BitchX (yuck), X-Chat, irssi, Kopete, Gaim, etc.

Might want to just point users to one linked page that describes how IRC works and lists all the available clients.  I think http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/altircfaq.html does that.  And http://www.ircreviews.org/clients/ lists clients for all OSes.

Brian Kelsay

>>> djgoku <> 11/09/04 11:05AM >>>
This is minor but KcLUG seems out of place maybe KCLUG or kclug.

I remember you saying something about having a irc link to the #kclug
channel, also if you add that you might add a link to download mirc
too =).