Google Fun

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Mar 24 14:40:21 CST 2004

Not necessarily true. You can pay Google to
have your webpage turn up higher on the search result list.
Although, I think this particular result is at the top due to
corporate culture at Google. I seem to remember the CEO
making some statement about that page some time ago, when
some other company was complaining about how Google gives
priority to some pages over others. So, yes you can pay Google
to make your page the page that always get returned by a certain
search when hitting the "I'm feeling lucky" button. On a more personal
note, I get the distinguished honor of being able to tell people
to type in my name "Brian Densmore" and hit the "I'm feeling lucky"
and they will find a page about me. Granted it will likely be a link to the
KCLUG archives or some page on another site ripped from the KCLUG archives.
Yes, people have been copying KCLUG pages and archiving them elsewhere on the web.

Brian