kernel init error

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Mar 22 15:09:11 CST 2004

Well, it sounds like the HD is working, since the kernel appears
to be loading. But, it appears that you lilo or grub configuration
is wrong.
*Or* your kernel doesn't have ext3 support built in or in the initrd.
I seem to recall there being an issue with 9.2 running the 2.6 kernel
doing justwhat you say. I think the fix is to remake the initrd, or
recompile the kernel with ext3 support built in. You should be
able to use the emergency boot floppy you made during install
(you did make a boot floppy right?) to get the system up. From there
you should be able to mount the /boot partition and rebuild the kernel
with ext3 supprot built in.

HTH,
Brian