Hardware Detection

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Thu Mar 18 23:29:47 CST 2004

On Thursday, March 18, 2004 08:32 am, Brian Densmore wrote:

> So now
> that someone has listened to the rants and installed "dhis, dhat and de
> other dhing" you're going to rant on them for including everything.

It's likely a different set of people, but what I was saying, and what would
satisfy both groups, is that there is a lot of room to improve how hardware
is detected and how software is tailored to match the installed hardware.
SuSE detected my AMD processor and installed an AMD kernel instead of the
Intel default, but it installed a bunch of stuff for hardware I don't have.

"Needs Improvement" is all we're saying.