NTFS

Brian D quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 19:11:50 CST 2004

--- Leo J Mauler <webgiant at juno.com> wrote:

> Linux NTFS Project, NTFS FAQ:
> http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/info/ntfs.html#3.2
> 3.2 Can the Driver write to an NTFS volume, too?
> Not really.  ...
> When the people who *wrote the NTFS support for
> Linux* claim you can't
> write to NTFS, I tend to believe them more than you.

Yes, all true the Linux NTFS project write support is
dangerous, ***but*** there are other NTFS access
methods in Linux. I also seem to recall someone on the
list mentioning that in this thread. I'm not going to
look for the links, because there out there and anyone
paying attention to the thread and interested in doing
NTFS support should have noted it. I'm so I don't pay
as close attention. That said the other support for
write NTFS support uses the Windows *native* NTFS
drivers and so is therefore as safe a NTFS write
support gets.

Brian