Hardware Detection

Leo J Mauler webgiant at juno.com
Thu Mar 18 18:14:24 CST 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 22:18:05 -0600 Jonathan Hutchins
<hutchins at tarcanfel.org> writes:
> On Wednesday, March 17, 2004 10:55 am, Brian Kelsay wrote:

> RedHat has Anaconda (I think) that does hardware
> detection.

Anaconda is RedHat's Installer (you should know about it, you replied to
enough of my posts where I complained how Anaconda in RedHat v8.0+ won't
run in less than 64MB RAM).

RedHat's hardware detection is handled by Kudzu.  Many RedHat forum posts
are taken up by people whose hardware accidentally and unnecessarily
triggers Kudzu during every boot.