Anyone doing any Internet Marketing?

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Wed Mar 17 22:03:23 CST 2004

>>> David Ryman <> 03/17/04 03:39PM >>>
>Hi,
>I have been away, but now I'm back.

Prison?  Just kidding.

>I recently got involved with Internet Marketing and Sales, I know it's not an
>ideal job, but with all the programming jobs going overseas I have to try
>something.

Hate to say it, but some of the most untrustworthy people I have ever known were in marketing or
sales.

>I am trying to set up some online tools to market to other marketers, and
>knowing that there are some out there looking for work etc. I thought I'd
>ask, to see if I can get some help and make a little money together.
>I have found that most of the 'tools' out there are WinDoze only, I would like
>to change that so that Linux dominates, like it will in all other areas.

Apparently these days the main tools are pop-ups, spam, blinking web ads and spyware.  You might
want to learn some Flash or Shockwave.  Maybe learn to program viruses to send out spam to AOL
users from infected hosts.
http://www.lurhq.com/phatbot.html

>Anyone interested please contact me off list, as this is not strictly Linux,
>at

Not meant to be personal.  Just thinking about the article I linked above and the Slashdot followup.

Brian Kelsay