Gnoppix "RC"

Greg Kedrovsky greg at iglesia-del-este.com
Wed Mar 17 14:09:44 CST 2004

Since I downloaded Knoppix to solve a virus problem in a Windows
machine, I've kinda been curious about other flavors of Knoppix. I have
v3.3 and also Knoppix STD (Security Tools Distribution). I downloaded
the ISOs and burned them no problem.

I just spent the last 3 days downloading Gnoppix, and after burning the
ISO, it doesn't boot. Fails. I have not checked any md5 stuff, yet, so
maybe the file was corrupted in download (it was VERY slow).

But, I have a question about the version I downloaded. GNOPPIX
0.6.0-rc1. It says, "The GNOPPIX project proudly presents the first
RC."

What is "RC"?

The version before RC is GNOPPIX 0.6.0-beta4. Maybe I'll try downloading
that one. Or maybe I should do the md5 thing. What a pain. THREE STINKIN
DAYS it was downloading. Finished this morning, and I was expecting
GRATIFICATION. Not to be...

-Greg

--
Mutt 1.4.1i on Slackware 9.1 Linux