install question

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Mar 15 20:34:51 CST 2004

Have you tried this?

# XFree86 -configure
# XFree86 -xf86config XF86Config.new

If the first line works correctly, then the second line
should launch a barebones X and the mouse should work.
If this works you'll need to copy the XF86Config.new file
to:
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4

You might need to know what the ATI 7000 chipset is.

Also
# scanpci will tell you some particulars about your card.

I suspect you need either the: "firegl" , "rage128",
or "radeon" driver. Probably want to go with the last one.