transferring postfix archives and addresses to exim+courier-imap

Jeremy Turner jeremy at linuxwebguy.com
Sat Mar 13 04:47:52 CST 2004

I never saw a reply to this, so I'll take a stab.

Brian Densmore wrote:
> The subject pretty much says it. Now that I have my new
> server configured to a workable state, I want to transfer
> all my old emails and addresses from my old server.
> I was using postfix before with the neomail webmail.
> I had no connection before except through the webmail
> or locally over ssh. It was in mbox format. Now I'm
> using an imap over ssl server in maildir format and
> webmail access. I found a tool called mb2md to convert
> the mailboxes. Is there anything else? Has anyone used this?
> I'm also not sure where neomail stored my addresses and how
> once I find them to get them into my new mail system.

I have copied the Maildir files (the actual emails) from folder to
folder with no problems.  I don't know if this is the correct way to do
it, but it seemed to work.  On my mailserver, I have a folder that I put
false positive spam, and a cron job periodically runs all the files
(which are the email messages) through the ham filter and moves them
back into my inbox, and I haven't seen any problem with that.

With everything, just make a backup, and if it blows up you're not out
of your email.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Turner [ jeremy at linuxwebguy.com ]