My php4 plugin doesn't seem to be working

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Fri Mar 12 19:49:26 CST 2004

On Friday, March 12, 2004 08:47 am, Brian Densmore wrote:

> When I try to point Mozilla at the example
> pages I get a pop up saying Mozilla doesn't know how to handle
> x-httpd-<something> and whether I want to save it or open it with some
> other application.

That "-<something>" might be important.  Mozilla is saying it's getting a mime
type that it doesn't understand, which suggests that Apache is at least
sending a mime-type header.  It's fairly common for problems in copying,
editing, or calling a php script to result in incomplete headers.

Check your logs and see what specific error Apache is recording - that's
likely to be more informative than the Mozilla popups.  I'm no particular fan
of Mozilla in any case, you might get more meaningful error messages with a
different browser.

When you get home you might drop in to #kclug on irc.freenode.net and someone
might be available to walk you through a diagnostic.