Advice: Virus on Win2k

Greg Kedrovsky greg at iglesia-del-este.com
Fri Mar 12 19:21:31 CST 2004

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 12:59:32PM -0600, Brian Densmore wrote:
> This is a tricky procedure and it also
> has many very bad side effects.

At least in my situation at hand, it's not relevant. I used Knoppix to
get the data off the hdd, repartitioned, reformatted and am in the
process of reinstalling. I know, it may be overkill, but at least I know
I have a clean machine.

I downloaded and installed AVG 6.0, antiviri software. Nice.

Now I need boot disks... etc. etc. etc.

Thanks for the help with this deal. It's getting taken care of, and I
got to check out Knoppix while I was at it. What a neat deal that is.

-Greg

--
Mutt 1.4.1i on Slackware 9.1 Linux
Curridabat, San Jose, Costa Rica