Advice: Virus on Win2k

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Wed Mar 10 17:09:21 CST 2004

When you get this PC cleaned off, install some antivirus software if you plan to leave it as
Winders.  I recommend the AVG Antivirus (free for home use).
http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php
After you fill out the online form, you download the installer and the license key comes to the
email address you put in the form.  I've been recommending this software for over a year and have
used it myself.

Brian Kelsay

>>> "Daniel Siemens" <> 03/10/04 10:20AM >>>
When starting boot up press F8 to get into menu to choose safe mode.   Download a removal program
such as stinger from McAfee.   It will fit on a floppy.

Run the program on the notebook.   This will get rid of special virus.   Reboot and run a complete
antivirus program against the unit.