Anti-spam SMTP mods

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue Mar 9 14:59:05 CST 2004

I don't think this is what he has in mind. I think his "stamp",
which will be a patented form of PGP, only "different" and "new"
and "stronger" and "more secure" and did I mention "patented", will
be given to the world standards body as a standard and users will be
able to use his patented "stamp" for a minimal fee per email. Let's see
.0005 cents per email x 20 emails per user x 300 days x 1,000,000,000 people
= $3,000,000,000 annually. Hmm, not very profitable for 15 hours worth of work to come up with an
encryption algorithm. Not to mention he'd have a lock on the entire web this way.

I see only one stumbling block to the GPG server problem, the encryption which is illegal in some
countries, and the import/export encryption crap with the US. But, I like the idea. Of course I
doubt this will solve the problem of rooted servers, still generating good keys. Also you will see
pilfering of keys become a whole new industry. Still, i think in the end it would reduce an
enormous amount of spam.