Faking "Internet Explorer" using other browsers

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Mon Mar 8 00:28:25 CST 2004

On Sunday, March 07, 2004 03:40 am, Leo J Mauler wrote:

> He says the job application form for www.liveops.com loads just fine in
> his MSIE 5.0 browser.  I've tried both user agent strings in the User
> Agent Switcher: neither one loads the job application form for the above
> site.  Apparently this company uses much more specific methods to
> determine your browser than just your user agent string.

Does it occur to you that maybe the browser identification has nothing to do
with it?  Could it be that the reason they require MSIE is because they use
the proprietary Microsoft extensions that are only  found within IE?

I think you would be unhappy working for them, Leo, they are locked to tightly
to Microsoft's vision.