IDE/ATA mapping

Uncle Jim jim at jimani.com
Sat Mar 6 08:07:52 CST 2004

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 12:45:33PM -0600, Jason Clinton wrote:

> At the meeting on Wednesday, a gentleman brought his SUSE 7.3 system and

> 2. Lilo.conf /map/ have either an map-drive= or an disktab= entry that
> is causing LILO to ask the BIOS to map the IDE channel address for
> ide0,0 to ide1,0.

I don't think this was the problem.  You were in lilo.conf to add the
"hd?=ide-scsi" and Monster was in it to discover the "root=/dev/hdc?"
and I didn't see anything strange or weird either time.  And I, too,
am still curious what was causing that "partition mirroring", especially
since everybody decided the SUSE install had "wiped" the hda drive.
--
Jim