perl-base-5.8.3

Pamisano pamisano at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 5 14:56:44 CST 2004

Perl question.

I am trying to get freevo working on Mandrake 9.2

I am trying to install perl-xmltv, but it is calling for perl-base-5.8.3 and
I currently have perl 5.8.1 installed.

Is perl-base-5.8.3 an upgrade or an rpm I can just install?

If it is an upgrade will the upgrade process be handled by installing the
new rpm or do I need to remove the current version?

As you can see I am no perl expert.

I had previously installed mdk9.2 and then added some additional update
sources to Software Media Manager and freevo installed just fine.  However,
I then installed some of the security fixes and my system went haywire.
Sound problems, video problems you name it.  I ended installing mdk9.2
fresh.

Anyhoo, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, I do have Steam running under winex3.3 and playing DOD at between 50-70
fps, for any of you DOD and Counter-Strike players.

Thx,

Pete