Anti-spam SMTP mods

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Mar 3 17:19:33 CST 2004

I have a simple solution on my mail server. Only local users can create mail
locally, and I only allow trused users to send mail. Now granted if a
local user wanted to spoof the headers I don't know that my server is
smart enough to prevent it. My old rules in postfix would have altered the sender info to state the
email headers as forged. I haven't written any custom rules for exim yet (just downloaded the
documentation this morning).

Is the SPF implementation hard? I may look into as my new lean mean debian server is using less
than 300 MB total installed software so far (web+mail+webmail).

Brian