Palm Router

Brian D quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 2 14:34:05 CST 2004

--- Leo J Mauler <webgiant at juno.com> wrote:

> Speaking as one of the few people who still bitches
> on
> comp.os.linux.advocacy that Linux has turned into an
> OS for higher-end
> computers (Debian may still work but I've never
> gotten it installed, and
> while I like Slackware no one creates packages or
> binaries for it),
Slackware has packages? Since when? I thought they wer
just tar.gz? You know most everyone makes a tar.gz
"package". Everything you could possibly want to
install
in Linux comes with all the source you need or as a
tar.gz file. Simply uncompress, and if applicable
compile, and you'vbe got it installed.

<warning>
Stop complaining about non-issues.
Grow up and compile your own.
</geek humor> ;')

<more humor>
Oh yeah if you can't find it from a debian mirror
it'll most likely be available from gentoo. Three
words: Download, compile, install. There are plenty of
distros out there that will still install on "ancient"
hardware. Just spend some time browsing distrowatch.
Plus there is always LFS. Or you can always build your
own customized from scratch Linux. You back in the
Day, Linux enthusiasts would build their own systems,
and there wasn't any of this lazy man's approach of
downloading a "distro".
</geek humor> ;')

</me reaches for asbestos suit, ducks behind rock.>

Brian