Yet another Linux on the desktop article

Uncle Jim jim at jimani.com
Sat Jul 31 06:10:21 CDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 12:59:29PM -0500, Brian Kelsay wrote:

> Whoa, Rex.  There are some valid issues.  Maybe I worded too strongly.  I had only skimmed the
articles when I first linked them.  On a full read, I realized that there were issues they brought
up that were already solved.  For example, automounting and

You have automounting?  You mean you'll mount my floppy with no questions asked?  If so then you
can kiss security goodbye.  If "desktop ready" means total root access to anybody with a floppy
in their pocket then I'm glad Linux doesn't have any.  I knew there was a good reason why I don't
care about desktops.
--
Jim