recycling used stuff

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Tue Jul 27 18:24:04 CDT 2004

On Tue, July 27, 2004 8:37, Brian Densmore said:

> Hunh! You'd think they'd be willing to pay for
> monitors. There's something that has resale value,
> unless you're talking broken/EGA monitors.

I think the deal is that if the monitor passes a strict set of tests, they
don't charge you for it.

Think about it, when was the last time you knew someone who was getting
rid of a _perfectly_good_ monitor?  One you'd pay for? Usually they're
burned in and the focus is off at the very least.

For the ones not worth fixing, S.E. has them completely "demanufactured" -
they recover the gold from the circuitry and the other recoverable stuff,
and dispose of the hazardous bits safely.