Dual-Processor Linux Install?

webgiant at juno.com webgiant at juno.com
Wed Jul 14 22:17:06 CDT 2004

The board is a dual Pentium II 450Mhz machine, recently gifted to me from a friend who recently
upgraded to a much better machine.  I've been through the Hardware HOWTOs and Install HOWTOS, and
even done a few searches, and I can't find out how to make Mandrake 10.0 (or any other distro, for
that matter) recognize the second processor.

Please don't tell me I have to recompile the kernel just to get dual-processor support, especially
since I'll only have one processor to compile it on.  :)