Low-cost multi-user Linux terminal server?

Kendrick-LUG kulua at linux2themax.com
Wed Jul 14 05:54:26 CDT 2004

Brian Kelsay wrote:

> [...]
the balanced servers, just one server has to be in control with a monitoring program.  Master node
receives request for connection, checks # of concurrent connections to all avail. servers, request
gets assigned to server with least # of connections.  I leave the details of how to do it to you.
I'm not the programmer here.

>There was a cool article in Linux Journal about a load balancing setup for a University (think it
was in Canada).  They did use a separate server to distribute the load and had separate IMAP server
to authinticate as well as backup IMAP server.  The diagrams in the magazine explained it better
than I could.  The setup was genius.   Way more complicated than balancing ltsp connections need to
be, but very informative none the less.

>Brian Kelsay

what about something like the intel eepro + series  that can setup
teaming via the e100 mod and their management software?   I havent
tested that feature yet but plan to in the future..