Spamassassin installation and Virus worm protection advice on Redhat

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Tue Jul 13 15:25:15 CDT 2004

Joe, you can always see the threaded mail archives at kclug.org for the replies.  If someone
replies to you personally, how are we all to benefit?

By the way, if you configure your box to be a mail server during the Red Hat setup, you may be able
to add Spamassassin during the install as an optional package.  I seem to recall that being
available when I messed w/ Red hat 9 last summer.

Why didn't you just clear out the infected email?  If they were in more than just the /home
directories of a few users, how did that happen?  Did you boot the PC into Windows?  You could use
a bash or Perl script to find and remove the viruses.  Especially if they are .exe or .vbs files,
as any Linux user/admin knows, those files are completely useless.  In the future you will want to
filter those to /dev/null as they enter the mail server as attachments.

Brian Kelsay

>>> "Joe Cho" <> 07/13/04 10:37AM >>>
That would be grateful if someone replies with a kindness.
by the time I check your email; I might be formatting the computer that is
infected.
So, send email to mtgeek2k at yahoo.com since I may not able to send and
receive email through my email.