Meeting Room Submission

Jim Herrmann kclug at ItDepends.com
Fri Jul 2 23:40:41 CDT 2004

The guards seem very good there, and there is an information desk right
by the front door, so there is nearly always at least two people right
there watching for people coming in.  They don't let you bring drinks
in, and you can't smell too bad, and stuff like that.  I'm sure our gear
will be fine there.  Now you know, the front door is the door on 10th
street, just east of Baltimore.  10th is one way going east, and
Baltimore is one way going north.

There are parking garages all around.  There is the new one directly
across Baltimore from the library (10th & Baltimore), and there is one
further north near 9th and Baltimore.  Either of these garages is $2.00
for the evening.  There is free parking on the street in just about any
direction.  I found a spot on Baltimore last time.

I think the facilities are fine, but the parking situation still
concerns me.  We'll see how it goes.

See you there next Wednesday,
Jim

Brian Kelsay wrote:

>The extra cost may not be justified.  Wait until we actually outgrow the current room.  Of course
I haven't seen it yet.   Let's see how July goes before we think about changing.  There are going
to be some problems w/ any new location.
>If the guards will actually watch stuff then I'm OK with the loading zone idea.  I wouldn't have
done that at the old location because of all the bums.  The guards had too many things to watch
over there.  I hear there aren't any bums at the new location.  We'll see.  I still have no idea
where I can park.  Do they have a lot at all?

--
Liberal - Definition:
  1. [n]  a person who favors a political philosophy of