Another call for hardware.

djgoku djgoku at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 15:41:13 CDT 2004

It looks like that we have figured out that "Walt" the host is going
to let us have a 2u rackspace, it seems that jclinton says bill_c has
a 2u rack. For up to the date new please goto irc.freenode.org #kclug
hehhee.

Jonathan

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 11:21:07 -0500, Brian Kelsay <blkelsay at kcc.usda.gov> wrote:

> What was said last night in #kclug is that bill has set a limit of $80 that he can spend on a
case.  I suggested that we take up a collection at next weeks meeting.  $1, $5, $10, $20, whatever
anybody can throw in the hat.   All would go towards paying for the case and any other hardware the
box needs.  Some of you have asked for local responsibility for the kclug website and list serv.
Here is the chance to get your wish.  If we get over $100, then I recommend that bill_c keep his
case money unless a few bucks are needed for the auction.  He is already generously donating the
other hardware.

>  What other hardware do we need?  Bill did mention also last night that we will need to get
low-profile heat-sinks for the processors so they will fit in the 1U.  The ram already will mount
at an angle to accommodate the case.

--
dj_goku
-www.djgoku.com-