Could open-source be illegal someday?

DCT Jared jsmith at datacaptech.com
Thu Jan 29 15:13:12 CST 2004

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 23:30:03 -0600 (CST), Duane Attaway wrote:

>To me the SCO business model sounds a lot like the car sales business:
>
> http://edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/42962/article.html

This is an amazing article. Thank you for linking to it.
I learned a lot, not just about car salesmen, but about
the whole system which tolerates such depravity in the
name of greed.

SCO has the potential to drag a lot of beautiful things
into the mud with them. We cannot let people make money
on open source this way. But how do we stop them,
while abiding by the principles of freedom, kindness,
and patience, without simply ignoring them or laughing
them off?

Thanks,

-Jared