Web Client Tracking

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Fri Aug 27 19:15:20 CDT 2004

I have a client who wants to get a better idea of what path users take through
his website, where they spend their time, what they're really interested in.
He gets "Analog" and "Webalizer" reports, but those reflect the
single-page-view perspective that HTML implies, and he wants session logs.

(I don't think he's quite clear on how much information he's asking to digest,
but anyway...)

Anybody know of a package that breaks the stateless model of HTML and will
give him the tracking he's after?

Oh, one that acutally works would be nice.  He found one that launched a new
perl script for each new page view on the server, and when it hit something
like 2039 parallel instances none of the other CGI stuff would work.