Thanks Hal!

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Thu Aug 26 21:20:41 CDT 2004

Hal Duston wrote:
>>I just wanted to extend my thanks to Mr. Hal Duston as well. Thanks man!
>>
>>Rich
>
> Now that everybody has thanked _me_.  I need to name the other people
> involved who actually _did_ most of the work.  They include Chris Bier, Bill
> Cavalieri, and Jason Clinton.  See?  I'm learning to delegate!
>
> --
> Hal Duston

Way to go guys!  I went to the server install party and drank enough
beer for everyone else.  I can confirm that Jason Clinton and Chris Bier
did the install, Bill Cavalieri donated and built the box.  They wiped
his Gentoo install.  Bill and I drank beer and supervised while Jason
and Chris got Debian installed, updated and tweaked.  Hal did the mail
and website migration.

Thanks again to Walt at Netstandard for the free hosting.  I took the
tour and it's a real class operation.  I was amazed.

Thanks to Mike Neuliep for starting KCLUG long ago and hosting the LUG
server for all these thankless years.  He's been doing this since at
least 1998, possibly 96.  Thanks to Rich Minear, who is probably not
around the mail list anymore, but he had a hand in the old LUG website
and ran the meetings back when we still met at the Power and Light
building.  Rich also had a hand in teaching me about TCP/IP when I was
still a newbie.  Thanks for your patience.