php shared event calendar suggestion

jeremy at linuxwebguy.com jeremy at linuxwebguy.com
Thu Aug 26 13:18:00 CDT 2004

> Does anyone have any recommendations for a php shared calendar (preferably
> with user authentication)?
>
> For the church website, I have a message board (phpBB2) and online photo
> album (phpwebalbum) but would really like a shared event calendar that at
> the very least the team leaders could post events to.

I used Mozilla Calendar and Apache's WebDAV module with htaccess and
phpicalendar.

PHPICalendar: http://phpicalendar.net/forums/
WebDAV: http://www.webdav.org/mod_dav/
Mozilla Calendar: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/

Basically Mozilla Calendar processes a calendar into the iCal file format,
and syncs it up with an iCal file through WebDAV in Apache, and you
authenticate with htaccess (which could be PAM, LDAP, etc).  Then,
PHPICalendar parses the iCal files into a cool looking calendar.

Jeremy