weird Linux question

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Wed Aug 25 13:34:11 CDT 2004

Isn't Juk a GUI app?

[ quote]
 As before GNOME (KDE) are the last things started by .xinitrc and so when you logout of GNOME
(KDE) the gnome-session (startkde) terminate, .xinitrc finishes, and then X terminates.

In both these examples the xterms are left out as GNOME and KDE provide sessions management, which
means any application left running when the session ends get started when you startup the next
time.
[ /quote]
You need to probably use a command line player on a different console to allow the app to keep
running while the 2nd user logs in and starts x.

 <lerninlinux at comcast.net> 08/24/04 10:54PM >>>
Reading up on my history of Unix,  I read how it was designed to share a machine amongst multiple
users, to do calculations.   If they weren't finished, they could leave a process running to
continue it, and the logged on user took precedence.

Ok, so this kinda came up on me the other day,  I was logged in and running Juk, when someone (who
likes to F**k up computers) needed to use the machine.  I logged out and logged them on the Guest
account and they asked why I turned off the music.

Is it a Juk thing or am I missing something,   I need to somehow give Juk priority and keep it
running when I am logged out.

Brian Kelsay