weird linux question

lerninlinux at comcast.net lerninlinux at comcast.net
Wed Aug 25 02:56:49 CDT 2004

Reading up on my history of Unix,  I read how it was designed to share a machine amongst multiple
users, to do calculations.   If they weren't finished, they could leave a process running to
continue it, and the logged on user took presidence.

Ok, so this kinda came up on me the other day,  I was logged in and running Juk, when someone (who
likes to F78k up computers) needed to use the machine.  I logged out and logged them on the Guest
account and they asked why I turned off the music.

Is it a Juk thing or am I missing something,   I need to somehow give Juk priority and keep it
running when I am logged out.

TIA

And I'm wasted, and I can't find my way /home...... Blind Faith