Strange network problem

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Aug 23 14:59:24 CDT 2004

Ah, I was mis-spelling it. I do have ethtool and it shows me
that information.
I should have mentioned that I did configure the card using netcardconfig.
I also added the route and dns entries. I looked at ifconfig and netstat
and route and everything looked fine. I also neglected to mention that with
the onboard NIC I get packets transmitted according to ifconfig in the TX
field, but with the old card I get error packets and no TX packets in
ifconfig. Network unreachable in both cases after doing a ping.

netmask is 172.21.12.255 which is correct.

Unfortunately, ethereal isn't installed on this machine, so I need to find
a CD that has it so I can dpkg it. I think my knoppix 3.3 CD has it.
If not I might be able to copy it off of my laptop.

Haven't tried arp -an or thought to
watch the gateway for incoming pings from the desktop.

Thanks for the hints!

Brian